Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Things to do in 2007


I got on the scale this morning and was 171.5lbs, so I made it through the holiday season without gaining any weight. I set a goal last year to lose 20 pounds and I lost 25lbs so good for me. Thinking about want I wanted to set my goals for this year, I realized my goal last year wasn't to lose 20 pounds, but my goal was to change my eating and exercise habits that would cause me to lose the weight. So over time I gave up sugar in my coffee, sodas, and set goals to go to the gym 4 days a week. As my habits changed, I included more habit changing goals. Fast food became a rare event and not an every night occurrence.

So here are my habit changing goals for 2007.
  1. No TV in the morning before work. (Actually I got an early start on this one.)
  2. Do something for an hour after dinner besides watch TV (Could be anything, cooking, shopping, exercising, reading, anything but sitting and watching)
  3. Read six books this year. I am hoping I can make this a habit, as I currently don't read that much.
  4. Use our new home gym equipment twice a week (In addition to my current gym activities)
Here is what I hope to achieve by adhering to my habit changing goals.
  1. Drop my weight to the 165-170lbs range. I am not sure if this is possible, as I have been at 171-172lbs for about 5 months.
  2. I would like to be able to run a 10K. Joints will determine if this will be possible.
  3. Focus my TV watching on quality shows and educational purposes. I think I will be a better person if I never watch The Insider or Access Hollywood again. Sporting events count as a quality show.

No comments: