Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Results are in.....


A year after being told to lose weight, I went for my annual physical and blood test to see how I am doing. Lets just say I passed with ease. Cholesterol was 116,the lowest its ever been. Triglycerides are at 53 HDLs at 42 which puts LDLs at 63. Weight was down 25 lbs to 172. Glucose was within normal levels. All these numbers mean things are good. So then what is next?

My goal weight is between 165 and 169, so I have another 5 pounds to lose, but I will try to maintain my current weight through the holidays and go after those next five pounds after the first of the year. I have almost completely eliminated processed foods. I have drastically changed and improved my eating habits, and I am working out 4 to five days a week, so its down to refining the process.

So my goals are more aerobic workouts (we bought a treadmill and elliptical equipment), more vegetables, more reading, more travel, more variety in wine, more muscle tone, more entertaining, more fish, more live sporting events, and less Haagen Dazs caramel cone ice cream, less TV, less processed sugar and less bread.

No comments: