Monday, July 02, 2007

Seamhead 2007

I just returned from my annual baseball roadtrip where my brother and I, along with some friends and other family members, visit several ballparks in a week. This year's trip included stops in Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Chicago's Wrigley Field, Detriot, Toledo (minor league game), Cleveland and Pittsburg. This trip marks the culmination for my brother and I of visiting all 30 major league parks that are currently being used. In future posts, I will offer my rankings of favorite stadiums, but I will clue you in that it is hard to beat a soldout day game at Wrigley Field where the Cubs win with storm clouds gather overhead. It is very hard to have a better pure baseball experience than that.

We did come close in Cleveland when we saw a player, starting in his first game, hit a walk off winning home run for Cleveland. For a more intimate baseball experience, take in a minor league game. The park in Toledo was a small version of PNC park in Pittsburg. Snuggled downtown in clean fun town, its a good way to spend an evening.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: